Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Solitude

As I sit here eating lunch along the banks of a river (sorry not sure of the name) I am taken away by the sounds of cicada and traffic in the distance. It reminds me of being in the stand waiting for Mr. or Ms. Whitetail to come along. For me there is nothing like it, solitude is a great way to rejuvinate, refresh, recharge, or anything else you want to call it. It doesn't bother me to be in the crowds at the mall or in front of a group speaking, in fact I tend to enjoy that as well. But, there is something about the outdoors that I find I enjoy the most. I guess it is being alone with God and nature. It can't be explained, pushed on to others, or understood by someone who doesn't appreciate it. But once someone catches "the bug", the understanding comes easy. Solitude outdoors, is a great place!

2 comments:

Surf and Sheds said...

Great post, you do not know the healing power of the outdoors until you have sat and pondered about life and love in a Tree Stand!!

Scott Redding said...

There are times when I can sit and watch a cork all day without a nibble just to enjoy whats around me. The sounds of the woods coming to life gets you about as close to God as you can get with walking the streets of glory. Great post.