Monday, June 22, 2009

Love - a strong word

I didn't get a chance to get to the woods this weekend, and I never knew it would hurt so bad. I have realized that all I think about now is being in the woods. Whether it is just going to check cameras, looking for new summer patterns, or viewing the small plethora of wildlife we have here in Southwest Georgia. Every weekend I manage to drive the 30+ miles to our property to check our cameras and do a walk through the woods. This weekend the funds were not there and gas to work took precedence over gas to check cameras. I never in my life thought I would miss it as much as I do, but the thoughts keep coming to mind, "How much growth have the bucks put on?", "Have the does started to drop yet?", "Are the feeders empty?". The questions continue to mount. Then it hit me, this is what love is. Answers.com defines love as "a deep, tender, ineffable, feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person," as well as, "an intense emotional attachment." I would have to say that love not only can be felt towards a person but also for a place, such as the outdoors. When the thoughts of the outdoors outweigh the thoughts of my workload and financial difficulty, I have to say I love the outdoors!


4 comments:

Stacey Huston said...

I hear you. I was born with a deep love and respect for the outdoors and all that she has to offer..A love that will never go away only grow with time.. welcome to the woods my friend..lol

Camp Wild Girls.com said...

I hear you! You nailed it. I not only love the hunting. I am in love with it! lol

Editor said...

thank you for the link, I will return the favor.
In the fall, I can feel our camp in the delta pulling at me every hour of the day.

Patriots United For Freedom said...

Cowboy Bills Radio from Key West Florida officially launched at Midnight Eastern on July 1st. Created by Woody nelson, and voiced by Freddy Snakeskin and Pyke, the station can be heard 24 Hours a day in HD at www.cowboybillsradio.com . The Format is an Upbeat blend of current and classic country music with a big Honky tonk Sound designed to reflect the vibe of Cowboy Bills in Key West which is the Southernmost Country Honky Tonk in the Continental U.S.A.